Neck pain is often caused by issues with the cervical spine such as facet joint syndrome, arthritis, or a herniated disc. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers a range of minimally invasive orthopedic treatments to relieve neck pain for men and women in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA.
What Neck Treatments Do You Offer?
At Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, we believe in developing comprehensive and personalized treatment plans to manage neck pain. If your pain isn’t relieved with conservative care, you may be a good candidate for the following minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- This procedure involves the removal of a degenerative or herniated cervical disc in the neck. This technique uses an incision in the throat to reach the cervical spine and disc.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion (ACDF)
- This technique involves the removal of a herniated cervical disc through an incision at the front of the throat. After the discectomy, the vertebrae below and above the removed disc are fused together to prevent further movement in the area.
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty
- This procedure is an alternative to the ACDF procedure and it involves the surgical replacement of degenerated or herniated cervical discs with an artificial device. After a damaged disc is removed through a discectomy, a replacement device is installed that’s usually made of two metallic surfaces attached to the upper and lower vertebrae and separated with medical-grade plastic.
- Cervical Corpectomy
- This minimally invasive surgical procedure is designed to decompress the spinal canal of the cervical spine by removing vertebral bone in addition to disc material.
- Cervical Foraminotomy
- This minimally invasive surgery enlarges the area around a vertebra to reduce pressure on a nerve that’s compressed when passing through the foramina, or passages through the vertebral bones of the spine.
- Cervical Laminectomy
- This is a minimally invasive surgical procedure also known as decompression surgery that enlarges the spinal canal by removing the lamina, or the back part of the vertebrae covering the spinal canal.
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Laminoplasty is a surgical procedure to reduce spinal cord compression by reconstructing the laminar arch of the vertebrae with an incision through the back of the neck.
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Discectomy
- This procedure is sometimes called cervical microdiscectomy and it uses modern techniques to remove damaged disc material in the cervical spine with microsurgical tools and a microscope for faster healing and reduced trauma on the body.
If you are dealing with chronic neck pain from an orthopedic condition that hasn’t improved with conservative treatments, you may be a good candidate for a minimally invasive cervical treatment. Call us to learn more about how Coast Spine and Sports Medicine helps men and women in Orange County and Los Angeles, CA with neck pain.