For some people, joint pain is mild or eases on its own. For others, it becomes a chronic and debilitating condition. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers effective treatment plans to ease your joint pain and get to the cause of your condition. We welcome patients in Orange County and Los Angeles, CA.
What Is Joint Pain?
Your joints are your body’s support system and means of moving, jumping, bending, and lifting. Joint pain is a common condition that can be the result of inflammation, degeneration, or damage to any part of the joint which includes bone, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, and muscles. While arthritis is one of the most common sources of joint pain, it can even be caused by seemingly unrelated conditions.
In addition to joint pain, you may also experience other symptoms such as swelling, redness, and warmth around affected joints, as well as reduced range of motion and mobility.
How Much Does Joint Pain Treatment Cost in Los Angeles, CA?
The cost to treat joint pain will depend on many factors such as the cause of your joint pain, the joints affected, and how well you respond to conservative treatment options. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine will create a tailored treatment plan for you during your initial appointment and review the cost of your care. We accept many forms of insurance along with financing through CareCredit® to make your care as affordable as possible.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Joint pain can be caused by a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis (RA), osteoarthritis (OA), and psoriatic arthritis
- Tendonitis, inflammation of a tendon
- Bursitis, inflammation of the bursa around the joint
- Certain diseases such as Lyme disease, influenza, and mumps
- Conditions such as gout, lupus, hypothyroidism, and fibromyalgia
What Joint Pain Treatment Options Do You Offer in Los Angeles?
Joint pain can happen in any joint in the body, including finger joints, joints in the spine, knees, and elbows. The most appropriate treatment will depend on the affected joint and underlying cause. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine will develop a tailored treatment plan to manage your pain that begins with the most conservative treatment options first. Surgery is reserved for severe cases that do not respond to conservative care.
Joint pain treatment typically begins with a detailed evaluation and diagnostic testing using diagnostic ultrasound, fluoroscopy (live x-ray technology), and in-house digital X-rays. We will then proceed with non-narcotic medications, homeopathic treatments, and minimally invasive treatments.
Joint injections are a minimally invasive and effective solution that can deliver significant but short-term pain relief. Depending on the underlying case and injection, this treatment may help your joints heal for longer-term relief. Potential joint injections are ultrasound-guided an include viscosupplementation, local anesthetic, steroids, hyaluronic acid, PRP therapy, and stem cell injections.
The right joint injection will depend on the affected joints. Sacroiliac joint pain treatment, for example, can include local anesthetic and steroid injections. SI joint pain treatment may also involve intraosseous PRP injection therapy. In some cases, corticosteroid injections may also be advised as a finger joint pain treatment.
We offer a variety of other treatments that can address joint pain such as:
- Nerve Blocks
- A nerve block is an injection of a local anesthetic that temporarily blocks nerves from sending signals to the brain. We may recommend genicular nerve blocks for knee osteoarthritis and other forms of joint pain. Hip nerve blocks may also offer significant relief from hip pain.
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- This minimally invasive procedure uses an electrical current though radiowaves to heat and burn a tiny area of nerve tissue to stop pain signals.
- High-Intensity Laser Treatment
- This non-invasive treatment can relieve pain from osteoarthritis and is most effective at treating knee OA.
- This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat OA of the knee and related fractures and bone marrow lesions by delivering a crystal bone substitute matrix.
- We offer in-office minimally invasive arthroscopic knee, ankle, and shoulder surgery for joint pain that isn’t managed with conservative options.
If you are struggling with joint pain, call us to schedule an appointment for a tailored treatment plan. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine welcomes patients in Los Angeles and Orange County, including the communities of Santa Ana, Downey, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA.