Neck pain can be debilitating and may be the result of a sports injury or problem with the cervical spine. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine is a neck pain treatment center serving men and women in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA with comprehensive treatment options.
What Is Neck Pain?
Neck pain is a common complaint among patients of all ages. Most commonly a posture-related issue, day-to-day strain from leaning over a work bench or hunching over a computer, for example, can lead to poor posture, which in turn can lead to strained neck muscles.
Signs and symptoms of neck pain can include:
- A tightness of muscle
- Muscle spasms
- Pain (which often worsens when the head is held in the same position for a long time)
- A decreased ability to move the head
Neck pain can also be a symptom of something more serious. Some patients may also feel a numbness, or a loss of strength in the hands or arms along with their neck pain, as well as a shooting pain down the arm or in the shoulder.
While most neck pain will gradually improve in time, it can be a sign of a more concerning condition that requires medical care.
How Much Does Neck Pain Treatment Cost in Los Angeles, CA?
The cost to treat neck pain depends on a variety of factors, including the cause and severity of your pain, your insurance coverage, and how well you respond to conservative treatment options. During your initial appointment at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, we will work with you to create a tailored treatment plan and discuss the cost of your care. We accept many forms of insurance as well as financing through CareCredit®.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain can be caused by a wide range of conditions, some minor and some very serious. Common causes of neck pain include:
- Muscle Strains
- The overuse of muscles in the neck can be the source of your neck pain. Hours hunched over a computer, or even smaller issues such as gritting teeth or reading in bed can cause strain to the neck muscles.
- When an injury such as whiplash occurs, the head is jerked backward and then forward again violently, causing the soft tissues in the neck to be strained.
- A cervical bone spur or herniated discs in the cervical spine in the neck can cause pain as a result of compression of the nerves branching from the spinal cord.
- Certain Diseases
- A variety of diseases can lead to neck pain such as rheumatoid arthritis, bone cancer, or meningitis, for example.
- Joint Degeneration
- As with most everything else, the neck joints can deteriorate with age. Conditions such as osteoarthritis can cause deterioration of the facet joints in the cervical neck, leading to the development of bone spurs that cause pain, compress nerves, and affect motion.
What Neck Pain Treatments Do You Offer?
At Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, neck pain treatment begins with non-surgical options, and surgery will only be undertaken as a very last resort. We may refer you to physical therapy, a chiropractor, or an acupuncture clinic to ease your neck pain. We may recommend non-invasive or minimally invasive procedures to ease your pain such as laser treatments, cervical epidural injections, facet joint injections, and surgical procedures such as a cervical discectomy to remove a herniated disc or a spinal fusion to stop movement between two vertebrae.
If you are struggling with chronic neck pain, call us to schedule your appointment with Coast Spine and Sports Medicine. Our neck pain treatment center offers a variety of effective treatment options to ease neck pain for men and women in Orange County and Los Angeles, including the communities of Downey, Santa Ana, and Rancho Cucamonga, CA.