Knee pain is a common problem that can result from a sports injury, accident, or orthopedic condition. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers comprehensive treatment options to relieve knee pain for patients in Orange County, Los Angeles County and Inland Empire.
What Is Knee Pain?
Knee pain is a common issue that can affect people of all ages. It may come about as the result of an injury, or medical conditions such as arthritis, gout, or an infection.
The severity and location of knee pain can vary from case to case, mainly depending on the cause of the pain. In addition to pain, an injury or damage to the knee can cause swelling, stiffness, weakness or instability, popping and crunching noises, warmth, redness, or an inability to fully straighten the knee without extreme pain.
How Much Does it Cost to Treat Knee Pain in Santa Ana, CA?
Self-care measures can be enough to resolve minor forms of knee pain but in severe cases, surgical repair is necessary. The cost to treat your knee pain will depend on the cause and severity of your condition. During your initial appointment with Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, we will create a tailored treatment plan and review the cost of your care with you. We accept many forms of insurance and financing through CareCredit® to make your treatment as affordable as possible.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Many cases of knee pain come from an injury, and more specifically, a sports-related injury. Jumping, overextending ligaments or tendons, a blow to the knee, or twisting can cause a painful injury to the tendons, ligaments, cartilage, or bursae of the knee joint. Common injuries that cause knee pain include:
- The bones of the knee can be broken as the result of a fall or in a motor vehicle accident. Patients suffering with osteoporosis can have weaker bones, and something as simple as a misstep can be enough to cause a knee fracture.
- Torn Meniscus
- Made up of tough rubbery cartilage, the meniscus creates a shock absorber between the thigh bone and the shinbone. If the knee is twisted suddenly while bearing weight, the meniscus can become torn.
- ACL Injury
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of four ligaments connecting the thighbone to the shinbone. ACL injuries are a common sports injury.
- Knee Bursitis
- An injury could cause inflammation in the bursae, small sacks of fluid cushioning the outside of the knee.
- Patellar Tendonitis
- An inflammation and irritation to one or more tendons, tendonitis can often be found in patients who frequently partake in activities such as skiing, cycling, or running. The patellar tendon connects the shinbone to the quadriceps muscle, and activities such as these may be a cause of inflammation.
In addition to injuries, arthritis —especially osteoarthritis—is commonly behind knee pain.
What Knee Joint Pain Treatments Do You Offer?
Potential options for the treatment of knee pain range from conservative care such as medication management and therapeutic treatment to more in-depth procedures. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine will begin with the most conservative and effective treatment options before moving on to surgery. Potential treatments for your knee pain may include:
- Joint Injections
- Discal Supplements
- PRP Injections
- Homeopathic Injections
- Genicular Blocks
- Stem Cell Injections
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Intraosseous PRP Injections
If you are struggling with knee pain, call us today to schedule an appointment at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine to develop an effective plan to ease your pain. We welcome men and women in Los Angeles County and Orange County, CA.