At Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, we believe orthopedic treatment should begin with the most conservative methods first before turning to surgery. We offer a variety of effective, non-surgical treatments for orthopedic conditions in Orange County, Los Angeles County and Inland Empire.
What Are Non-Surgical Treatments?
A non-surgical treatment refers to a conservative form of care that does not require removing tissue surgically or a surgical incision. To manage orthopedic conditions, a range of non-surgical treatments may be offered and combined to manage symptoms and ease pain without the potential risks and lengthy recovery that can come with surgery. Non-surgical treatment includes not only medication but also physical therapy, chiropractic care, laser treatments, and more.
How Much Do Non-Surgical Treatments Cost in Orange County?
The cost of your treatment will depend on the precise treatments recommended to treat your pain and how well you respond to conservative care. During your first appointment at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, we will create a customized treatment plan to address your pain and review the cost of your care with you. We accept many forms of health insurance and financing through CareCredit®.
What Non-Surgical Treatments Do You Offer?
Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers several effective and non-surgical treatments that can offer significant pain relief.
- High-Intensity Laser Treatment
- High-intensity laser (HIT) treatment is based on the more well-known low level laser therapy (LLLT) and it uses high-power lasers and a specific wavelength to offer deep tissue penetration. This non-surgical treatment is typically used to speed healing and tissue regeneration and it can offer moderate to significant pain relief for many conditions. HIT is most often used for neck pain and back pain caused by a herniated disc , as well as sports injuries .
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- This procedure uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat or ablate a small area of a painful to temporarily stop pain signals from being sent to the brain. Radiofrequency ablation is considered minimally invasive, as it’s performed with local anesthetic and an injection. The procedure requires guiding a needle with a microelectrode to the target nerve to stimulate and ablate the nerve. This procedure is often used to treat neck pain , lower back pain , and joint pain related to arthritis or nerve damage.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal cord stimulation is a form of therapy that interrupts pain signals from nerves before they reach the brain. This procedure involves placing a spinal cord stimulator or SCS under the skin, which sends mild electrical currents to the nerve fibers in the spinal cord. The nerves in the area of the pain are stimulated to reduce pain by modifying the signals on their way to the brain.
- Lumbar Epidural Spinal Injections
- An epidural steroid injection can provide significant but temporarily pain relief to treat a range of conditions such as degenerative disc disorder , spinal stenosis , arthritis , sciatica and spondylolisthesis . An epidural spinal injection in the lumbar region involves injecting a combination of local anesthetic and steroid medications to ease inflammation and temporarily stop painful nerve signals.
If you are struggling with chronic pain, the non-surgical treatments at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine can help you find relief to perform daily activities with less pain and reduce the amount of medication you need. Contact us today to learn more about our non-surgical treatment options in Los Angeles County and Orange County, CA.