The sports medicine physician at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers comprehensive treatment plans to treat a wide array of sports-related injuries. We welcome patients in Orange County, Los Angeles County and Inland Empire.
What Is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a special branch of medicine focusing on physical fitness, improving athletic performance, preventing injuries, and recovering from sports injuries. A sports medicine physician provides comprehensive care for athletes with specialized training in recognizing, preventing, and treating a range of sports-related injuries.
What Sports Medicine Treatments Do You Offer?
Coast Spine and Sports Medicine treats a range of sports-related injuries and conditions ranging from sprains and strains to stress fractures and tendon ruptures. Our sports medicine treatments include:
- Sports Injuries
- We treat a range of sports injuries including those resulting from overuse, excess force, and direct impact.
- Knee Ligament Tears and Reconstruction
- Injuries involving the ligaments of the knee can be the result of tennis, soccer, football, and more, and may require surgical reconstruction.
- Meniscal Tears
- This type of injury refers to a tear of the meniscus or cartilage of the knee. There are many forms of meniscal tears, some of which may benefit from surgery or physical therapy.
- Sprains and Strains
- These injuries involve overuse or tear injuries of the ligaments, muscle or tendons, and they are among the most common sports injuries in Los Angeles.
- Tendonitis and Bursitis
- These related conditions involve inflammation of the tendon or the bursa. They may occur simultaneously and commonly affect the shoulder, hip, knee, wrist, and elbow.
- Achilles Tendon Rupture and Repair
- The Achilles tendon is the body’s largest tendon, but is prone to rupture due to excessive force or overstretching when running, jumping, or pivoting.
- Rotator Cuff Tear and Repair
- A rotator cuff tear is common among athletes and may worsen without treatment, potentially causing frozen shoulder or arthritis of the shoulder.
- This inflammatory joint condition can come with age but it can also be a complication of sports injuries.
- Tennis Elbow
- Tennis elbow doesn’t just affect tennis players, and this repetitive stress condition can become chronic without effective treatment.
- Golfer’s Elbow
- This condition is similar to tennis elbow and it’s a common form of tendonitis.
- Shin Splints
- This is one of the most common sports injuries and it typically affects runners.
- Stress Fractures
- Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers effective treatment options for stress fractures caused by repetitive stress and overloaded muscles.
- Tendon Ruptures and Treatment
- A ruptured tendon isn’t just painful; it can be disabling without proper treatment.
- Patellar and Quadriceps
- We offer a variety of treatment options for sprains and ruptured tendons of the patella and quadriceps, including a condition called patellar instability.
- Shoulder Impingement
- This condition happens when the rotator cuff tendon is chronically compressed, and it can lead to serious complications without treatment.
- This condition is a type of stress fracture affecting a spinal vertebra and it’s usually the result of chronic lower back stress from sports.
- Labral Tear
- A labral tear involves the cartilage of the shoulder socket that keeps the shoulder joint ball in position.
If you are dealing with an acute or chronic sports injury, contact us today to schedule an appointment with a sports medicine doctor at Coast Spine and Sports Medicine. We develop custom treatment plans for patients in Los Angeles County and Orange County, CA, that are designed to restore normal function, strength, and range of motion.