Even healthy, active people can struggle with the joint pain and reduced mobility of arthritis. Coast Spine and Sports Medicine offers tailored treatment options in Orange County and Los Angeles, CA to relieve the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
What Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is an inflammatory joint disease that causes joint pain and stiffness. Arthritis is generally a degenerative condition which means it worsens over time and eventually damages the cartilage and joint itself. There are many forms of arthritis, but the most common forms are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Athletes are at an increased risk of arthritis after suffering an injury to the cartilage. A torn ligament, broken bone, or tendon rupture can cause a type of osteoarthritis called post-traumatic arthritis which is responsible for around 12 percent of cases of osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee, and hip.
How Much Does Arthritis Treatment Cost in Orange County, CA?
The cost of treating arthritis in Los Angeles and Orange County, California depends on many factors, including the location and severity of your condition. During your initial consultation, we will develop a tailored treatment plan to address your pain and stiffness. We will also review the cost of your treatment with you. We accept many forms of insurance as well as financing through CareCredit®.
What Types of Arthritis Treatment Do You Offer?
Coast Spine and Sports Medicine will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses your pain, stiffness, and reduced joint strength. We treat many forms of arthritis among athletes, including:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- RA treatment is designed to stop the inflammation of rheumatoid arthritis and put the disease into remission. Treatment can also prevent joint damage and complications of arthritis. RA can be treated with a range of medications that control inflammation, including steroid injections. In some cases, surgery is necessary, which may involve joint replacement of the hip, knee, wrist, elbow, or shoulder.
- Arthritis Knee Treatment
- Knee osteoarthritis commonly affects athletes and can be a complication of knee injuries to the tendon and ligament. After exhausting the most conservative treatments, steroids or hyaluronic acid injections into the knee can ease pain and improve function. A brace can also help alongside physical therapy. Surgery is reserved for severe cases and may involve joint replacement.
- Arthritis in Hands Treatment
- Most people expect arthritis to strike the hands, but it’s actually one of the less common sites for arthritis to occur. Arthritis in the hands can affect any of the small joints in the hand or wrist. Treatment can include steroids and local anesthetic injections, anti-rheumatic medication, osteoporosis medication, and, in very severe cases, surgery.
- Hip Arthritis Treatment
- At Coast Spine and Sports Medicine, our goal is to avoid surgery whenever possible. We use conservative measures to treat hip arthritis including physical therapy, injections of steroids and hyaluronic acid, and PRP therapy. Surgery may eventually be necessary, as hip arthritis is degenerative. In this case, hip replacement surgery may be advised.
If you are suffering with the stiffness and pain of arthritis, especially after a sports-related injury, call us today to schedule an appointment with Coast Spine and Sports Medicine. We welcome men and women in Los Angeles and Orange County, including the communities of Rancho Cucamonga, Downey, and Santa Ana, CA.